Monday, December 22, 2008

Just Pondering

For awhile now, I have been having the Mommy Blues. I am young, yet I
find myself sighing when my friends post pictures of their own children.
I never was one to want children when I was younger, I thought them an
absolute waste of money and completely pointless. Now, as I see the
little bundle of joys to all my young mother friends, I wonder if its so
bad. I find myself imagining things like baby names and candid pregnancy
pictures. I know I'm not ready and still feel myself to be too young.
But I just wonder......

If I was financially set I would. I feel embarrassed that I barely have
settled into my 20s and I imagine family life. Is it so wrong? Girls
much younger than me are rearing children.

Maybe im an old young soul or the other way around.

::sigh::

Me? A mom? =D

Is it sad that I can't see passed the image of me being alone or just
the face of reality.

::sigh::

I hate feeling this way.....
--
Sent from my T-Mobile Sidekick®

1 comment:

Tony said...

Be careful what you wish for. I've been a single dad for 14 years. Most often, I think being a parent is the best thing I've ever done in my life, but there are days when I say I'd change it all if I could go back in time.

Sure babies and toddlers are a lot of work (and they sure can be a lot of fun). My advice before jumping in feet first is spend some time with a two year old and talk to several parents of teen-agers. Then, have fun.